W3C Web Resources

Friday, October 5, 2012

Paying Guest



After college, I wanted to work for a brief period of 2-3 years before going for an MBA.Didn’t get the job of my liking during campus placements,Yuss ! The college sucked at that despite being a National Institute, and determined to get what I wanted, came to Bangalore to try my never so lucky luck.

Puneet had already joined his company and I joined him in Bangalore on the 16th of June, 2012.The other boy Pranjal, was also scheduled to join in Bangalore but not before a month’s time. P.G (paying guest) would do it for a month, two of us thought, and then we can move to a rented apartment. On that very day, 16th June we moved to a PG in Kundanahalli Colony (Sri Venkateshwara that’s the name I faintly remember) for a month. We paid the owner, some Reddy he was, in advance the complete sum of 11k which was way too silly, trust me! These PG owners cannot be trusted at any cost and I repeat they are that breed of Homo sapiens which cannot be trusted at all. It was a single room meant for three and we both took it for the price of three. I must say that the owner made every possible attempt not to let us at peace each single day.

Wasn’t easy staying there but on the 9th day things did turn ugly, on the 24th morning round about at 8 am, he just forced us to shift to some other room, I am being way too generous in even calling it a room,disgusting.It just had a single bed and the room ended there and one of us was suppose to share another room with some another guy.Puneet had to leave for his office and I too was having a call, so we were kind of helpless, Hobson’s choice, we shifted our stuff. That very moment I had decided not to stay there anymore. To my rescue, my cousin was also in Bangalore. In the evening, after returning from the interview, quite obvious I had screwed up my chance, grabbed my stuff and left for my cousin’s place.Told that Reddy that I am leaving!

After a few days,I was there visiting Puneet.Made the following arguement with Reddy;

Since I had stayed there for only 9 days, I asked him to return the rest of the amount which he blatantly refused. I mean the guy wasn’t even listening at all and on top of that sounding way too harsh and commanding.How sick was that? "Tumhara marzi nahi chalega",these were his EXACT words,south Indian accent being in sub-conscious mind meanwhile,you could imagine what he was playing.

That were my first few days in Bangalore.It is quite unlikely to happen to every third person but I would genuinely suggest  to thoroughly research before shifting,the one thing we did not do!

4 comments:

  1. what about the part you people met me at cosmos? damn awesome moment that was.. :P even i din't research my PG but luckily got a nice one.. :P but very nicely put the entire thing..in that part 'that breed of Homo sapiens' i mistakenly read it as homo sexuals..hehe..i thought what the hell was this guy writing..how did he even conclude that? then i re-read it..and realised it was Homo sapiens!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehh Homo,your sub-conscious mind at work maybe.This was all about the bad part I faced while being there,no doubt we had our share of funny moments as well,that cannot go unappreciated.*Cool*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to stick to THE BAD PART of my Bangalore experience,so had to be short,hopefully! Thank YOu Dadzz,feedback is much appreciated.Keep smiling*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding the best Hostel in Greater Noida nowadays has become a greatest challenge for working Men, Must provide detailed information regarding the facilities provided at the PG.

    ReplyDelete